As fewer and fewer Americans cling to the feel-good which they got from King Hopey-Changey’s ascendancy, more and more people know that we are in deep trouble. How could responsible politicians—if they exist—reverse the damage inflicted by President Obama’s corrupt machine and a suicidal Democrat Congress?
- Slash tax rates. People will spend more.
- Phase out Welfare. People will get jobs.
- Scale back unemployment benefits. People will get jobs.
- Reform health insurance.
- Eliminate meritless malpractice suits. Costs will drop. Doctors will behave less defensively and help more people.
- Allow insurers to offer all plans in all markets. Uncompetitive insurers will go belly up—good.
- Eliminate minimum coverage laws. People will select policies they can afford.
- Make premiums deductible for everyone. More people will buy coverage.
- Repeal shameful legalities that classify children as non-living until the cord is snipped. Fewer people will make babies that they don’t want.
- Let failing businesses fail. Winners will start better ones.
- Strengthen national defense. Scorching pits in the sand where violent bullies whoop it up and spray bullets into the air keeps them from bullying us.
- Secure and enforce the borders. Rational people understand that we must humanely deal with illegals already here.
- Drop all affirmative action and “diversity” nonsense. Americans respect people who earn respect, not “underrepresented” “victims” forced on us by fairness mongers.
- We will educate our kids. We’ll get results—student achievement, parent satisfaction, profit.
- Stop spying on everyday Americans. It pisses us off.
- Minimize capital gains tax. New investors will gain, and gain, and gain.
- Preserve the secret ballot. Unions will have to actually convince employees that they’d be better off organized.
- Stay out of Americans’ sex lives.
- Drill. Watch oil prices drop and coastlines, tundra, and plains stay clean.
- Incentivize, don’t subsidize, clean energy development and get radicals out of the way. Clean coal will burn, uranium atoms will hum, mirrors will focus sunlight, turbine blades will catch the wind, collectors will absorb Earth’s heat, and plentiful electricity will zip to people working, sleeping, and playing. The economy will sing as nonprofitable ventures die.
- Leave the markets alone. Life is risky, and no nanny can protect us from it.
- Hold people accountable and stop expecting taxpayers to fill this or that group’s inner emptiness. People will perform—or not. We owe no one validation. Sympathetic zealots cannot change human nature.
- Focus on conservation, not irrationalism. Even conservatives want a clean environment.
- Outlaw lobbyists. They’ll face real jobs. Their former employers will face real competition.
- Admit failure; learn from it. Voters respect integrity.
- Curtail government and its stratospheric spending. With 1 – 21, the private sector will boom and freed-up bureaucrats will have to go to work for bosses that demand results.
In 175,000 BC, Thag pummeled Ragg every time Ragg eyed his elephant tusk club. Ragg finally decided that the stick which Skreech had cut for him from a Jackal Berry tree wasn’t so bad. Ragg left Thag alone. Psychology 101 hasn’t changed since our 8700th great grandparents walked the earth. The human animal does what gets encouraged and avoids what gets punished.
Will our power-drunk, special interest-pandering politicians consider the 22? Envision candidates grounded in reality—adults who require other adults to stop taking free rides and find self-respect. Would voters elect candidates who acknowledge real economics and real human behavior? Candidates who tell voters the whole damned truth?
Americans would never go for it. Would they?